Move over, popcorn! Oven-roasted chickpeas build a healthy, fresh snack that’s a killer noshable … with an extended list of health advantages.
Great for moving in salads, these chickpeas also are ideal for snacking straight out of the bowl. This formula are often changed for pretty much any roof of the mouth. Love spices? contribute additional cayenne. Tender tastebuds? crop on the cayenne or leave it out altogether.
If you’ve eaten up hommos before, you’ve had chickpeas, that area unit the most ingredient in this tasty Mediterranean dip. however you will have not eaten up them the other manner. Trust me: once attempting these oven-roasted chickpeas, you’ll be hooked. Chickpeas area unit within the same family as beans, peanuts, and lentils, so that they area unit high in plant-based macromolecule. you wish macromolecule for building and repairing muscles, that build these an exquisite post-workout snack.
They conjointly can assist you maintain a healthy weight by curb hunger – a serious bonus. Chickpeas area unit packed with fiber, and therefore the combination of large fiber and macromolecule keeps you glad once intake. High-fiber diets also are related to lower blood sugar levels. The iron, calcium, phosphate, and vitamin K in chickpeas contribute to keeping your bones sturdy.
Reducing vessel risk is simply another nice reason to snack on chickpeas. From lowering pressure level to reducing cholesterin, the atomic number 19 and different nutrients in chickpeas support heart health.
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas (drained)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ – ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- sea salt (to taste)
- Garlic Oven-Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place chickpeas in a paper towel-lined strainer. Allow to air dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Place chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, stirring to coat. Sprinkle with ½ tsp sea salt.
- Place in oven, cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so, until golden brown. (Some of the chickpeas may start popping. This is a good sign that they’re properly crisping.)
- Remove from oven.
- Stir together remaining sea salt, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne.
- Toss hot chickpeas in spice mixture. Salt to taste, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy immediately for best results.
Recipe From : Yurielkaim