Today we’re obtaining cheap with 3 super tasty, super melty, vegetarian grilled cheese sandwiches!
I think it’s safe to mention that y’all area unit cognizant of simply what quantity i really like my melty cheese. It’s associate degree addiction that runs deep, influencing my meal decisions and instruction development on a commonplace. whether or not it’s associate degree ooey adhesive bowl of mackintosh and cheese, a simple cheap stuffed alimentary paste squash, or associate degree epic game day cheese ball, cheese is sorta my issue.
When the parents at Daiya reached out and challenged American state to require my obsession with all things melty and build a swoon-worthy plant-based grilled cheese sandwich i used to be fascinated. might it melt? might it stretch? might these dairy-free slices-o-cheeze deliver a food expertise that solely a grilled cheese sandwich might provide? To my delight, the solution may be a reverberant YES! YES! 1000X YES!
I tense making not one, however a trio of grilled cheeze amazingness. You’re attending to do a reaction, I simply understand it. Guys, this can be the $64000 deal! These plant-based slices were shockingly melty. store counter cheese melty! Crazy awe-inspiring, right? Wait… did I mention however MELTY they are?!
Hello indulgence! This saucy sandwich is ideal for game day! Serve it up as a meal or move very little squares for a simple party starter. They’re a complete touchdown!
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 TBSP Daiya Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread
- 2 Daiya Cheddar Style Slices
- 1 fresh jalapeño
- 2-3 TBSP pickled jalapeño slices
- 1-2 TBSP vegan buttery spread of choice as needed
- First prep your jalapeño. Remove the stem and slice in half, removing the seeds and veins to dull a bit of the heat. Or leave them in for an extra spicy sandwich! Chop finely and set aside.
- Spread one side of your bread with Daiya cream cheese and top with the chopped/minced jalapeño.
- Top the second slice with Daiya Cheddar Style Slices and top with the pickled jalapeño slices.
- Close your sandwich and, for an extra golden crust, spread the outside of each slice of bread with vegan buttery spread or coconut oil.
- Next heat a pan to medium heat with some extra buttery spread or coconut oil. Once hot, add your sandwich.
- Use a spatula to press down on the grilled cheese, and feel free to pop a clear pot lid on top to help melt the slices. Before flipping, add a little more spread/oil if your pan is dry. Pop your lid back on if you’re using one and grill each side until golden brown.
- Melty grilled cheese trick: For the meltiest sandwich ever, pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so after grilling for the most epic vegan cheese pull of all time! It’s a bit dreamy.